Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fine Finishes

The pleasure of cross-stitch, for me, is in the process of stitching -- choosing a design, deciding on the fabric and fibers to use, watching the design take shape, and then seeing the final product. It's usually not my goal to frame a design or make it into something unless it's a gift.

Today's report includes three finishes: Chicken Wired, which was for the fun of it; Seaside Cottage, which is a gift; and Behold the Bee, which I finished stitching a couple of years ago but recently decided to have framed.

Chicken Wired by Whiskey Creek
I really enjoyed stitching this piece. The fox has such a mischievous expression and the "chicken wire" just makes the whole piece.




Here are the stats:


Started: July 8th
Completed: August 25th

Fabric: 28 ct. Chestnut linen
Fibers: DMC and Kreinick #4 braid for the chick
en wire

Seaside Cottage by Elizabeth's Designs
Although I finished stitching this in July, I just picked up the framed piece from Tawny's yesterday. I didn't include the charms because I forgo
t to bring them with me when I dropped it off to be framed. I was planning to stitch them on before I handed it off. Even so, I'm very pleased with how this turned out and think Janet will love it.



Started: April
Completed: July
Fabric: 32 ct. Storm Cloud from the Blended Needle
Fibers: DMC, Weeks Dye Works


Behold the Bee by Chessie and Me
This is one of my favorite designs from one of my favorite desi
gners. It was my New Year's Day project for 2004. The Metrostitchers have a tradition of starting a new project on New Year's day, regardless of how many WIPs you may have. Although I completed the stitching a couple of years ago, I decided to treat myself and have it framed. I think it deserves the honor.



Begun: Jan. 1, 2004

Completed: February 21, 2004
Fabric: 32 ct Vintage Nutmeg from Lakeside Lines
Fibers: Sampler Threads

4 comments:

May said...

they all look just lovely.
Congrats on the new finishes too. I think Janet will love the piece too. Nice.

Alison said...

The fox turned out great, and you don't need to do that brown stitching at all!

Cheryl said...

Your framed pieces look lovely!

Marci said...

ooooooooooh - I love the behold the bee piece.