Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Project Progress

These are the projects I currently have in the works. I've mostly been stitching on Here Comes Santa Claus and Les Cerises, but I still consider the others as Wips rather than UFOs. Although not much stitching has occurred since I started blogging. Good thing there's a Metrostitcher event on Saturday at Tawny's. I expect to finish one of these. I also hope to pick up the framed Mirabilia Spring Queen, which has a story that will be told at a later date.



Here Comes Santa Claus by The Prairie Schooler
Started: August, 2007

This is a limited edition kit that comes with 28 ct. raw linen and Crescent Colours Overdyed Thread. These threads are very similar to Sampler Threads. Nice ri
ch hues with subtle color variations. I've enjoyed stitching this and am very close to finishing. The Prairie Schooler is one of my favorites, especially the Santas. I have quite a few in my stash.

Les Cerises by Bleu de Chine
Started: January, 2007
Fabric: 28 ct. Lambswool linen
Fibers: DMC

I don't stitch florals often, but this is a pretty one. A little bit of spring to work on. I'm looking forward to stitching on this at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens during the upcoming Cherry Blossom season.


Shoe Tree -- Helene Tran DMC Collection
Started: Sometime in 2006

This is a kit that I bought in Paris a couple of years ago at Le Bonheur des Dames, a wonderful shop that also has its own cross-stitch designs. I was conveniently staying in a hotel just a few blocks away. The kit comes with DMC and Aida, which I switched out for an overdyed linen -- 32 ct. Glacier Colorscapes from Picture this Plus fabrics.
You can see it in the photo, but the fabric has silver threads that give it a nice sparkle. I've really glitzed it up with this fabric since the design already uses gold metallic threads. This is such a fun, whimsical design that I wanted to stitch it on a fun fabric.


Tuscany
by John Clayton

Started: June, 2004
Fabric: 32 ct. evenweave
Fibers: DMC

I worked the first stitches for this design on another trip to France. Theresa, May and I were there for two weeks. One week in Uzes, a small town in Provence with two cross-stitch shops (NYC = 0 shops; Uzes -- 2 shops!) and the second week in Paris.


No comments: